What Does It Cost?
So... what’s all of this spectacularness going to cost?
Why, I’m so glad you asked!
Please keep in mind:
• Eight nights in luxury hotels.
• Full breakfast every morning; superb dinners every evening.
(Some lunches will be together; others will be at leisure, so everyone can pedal at their own pace)
• Full mechanical support
• Transport for your bike and you PAST the big hills. (You can climb them if you want, but we don't recommend it!)
• Short routes and long routes -- your choice!
• RIdes created by local Bali road bike riders. They speak English and will be along on the trip to help you.
• Luggage service every day to take your gear to the next hotel.
• All admission fees
• All gratuities
• We will offer one morning departure from our last hotel back to the airport. If you wish to take that trip we will transport you free with your bike and luggage. If that departure time is not convenient for you that's fine -- our hotel will be happy to make transport arrangements for you for a modest fee.
• Airfare. Prices vary (and some of you may be using frequent flyer miles or other alternatives).
Why don’t we arrange airfare? Because in the internet age you can get a much better deal on airfare online than we could ever get by calling up one airline directly and offering to buy a big block of tickets. When you book your own flight you get to pick the times and airports that work best for you. (Can you imagine trying to get everyone to agree on one airport and one flight time?)
• Bike rental. Some folks will want to bring their own bike; others prefer to rent. We are happy to connect you with our favorite local Bali bike rental crew.
• Dinners include alcoholic drinks in moderate proportions for those who wish to imbibe. If you want to drink beyond that (or want that $100 bottle of wine or $50 glass of port) you wil have to pay for it.
• Spa services such as massage or beauty treatments. Available at some of our overnight stops.
• Extra excursions you may choose to book when you arrive, such as scuba diving.
• Each day a pro bike mechanic will be available to tweak anything that needs tweaking. This is free. If your bike needs parts or major surgery it will cost extra.
• Inner tubes. Bring them. We will not provide them for free, and EVERY bike gets a flat sometime. I have a really whiny philosophy about WHY we don’t provide tubes, and if you’re extra good I promise to never bore you with it. You can buy tubes at cost from our local Bali bicycle crew. Prices are pretty similar to what you would pay at home.
TOTAL PRICE: $4595 per person.
Discount! We welcome checks and credit cards. Pay your balance by check and save $100 per person!
Prices are based on two people per room.
If you want a private room of your own please add $1,250.
(We don't earn anything from that private-room fee -- we just give that money to the hotels.)
You don’t have to pay for the entire trip all at once if you don’t want to.
When you we will ask for a $500 deposit by credit card to save your space in the ride.
The balance of the payment for your trip is due by check or credit card. As mentioned, pay all of that balance by check and we'll subtract $100 per person from your tab. The payment schedule is as follows:
An additional $1,000 per person is due within 30 days after you register.
The final balance is due no later than August 15, 2021.
We'll send you an invoice as a friendly reminder when payments are due.
As mentioned, we think we'll all be in pretty good shape by fall 2021. If safe travel is still a problem then we will cancel the trip and refund ALL of your money to you.
For situations that are NOT related to COVID:
Need to Cancel Right Away?
Not to worry -- you have 14 days from the time you register to cancel or any reason without penalty. You get back your entire $500 deposit.
If You Cancel Between 15-30 Days
You will have a $500 credit with us, which you can use for any of our events until the end of the 2022 ride season. If you prefer you can sell or give away your credit.
If You Cancel After 30 Days
After 30 days we are unable to offer credits or refunds of any kind for any reason. Ever. You can sell your spot on your own if you wish, or we will try to sell it for you after the trip is full.
SO... we strongly recommend that you consider buying trip insurance . That way if something happens where you can’t attend the trip you’re covered. This insurance is offered by an excellent insurance company that has paid out many times to our cycling friends over the years. Every trip we do we get a last-minute plea from a cyclist with a real emergency. Trip insurance covers you and gets you a refund. No matter how ill your mother/cat/ficus tree is, we can not issue ANY refunds -- that's why we recommend trip insurance.
Prices for the insurance? Depend on the options you pick. Feel free to go to the insurance site and play around -- no commitment or credit card required. No sales pitches or phone calls.