What Does It Cost?
So... what’s all of this spectacularness going to cost?
Why, I’m so glad you asked!
Please keep in mind:
• Eight nights in luxury hotels.
• Full breakfast every morning, full lunch every afternoon, superb dinners every evening.
• Full mechanical support
• Transport for your bike and you PAST the big hills. (You can climb them if you want, but we don't recommend it!)
• Expert guides pedaling alongside you, no matter what pace you prefer.
• Rides created by local Bali road bike riders. They speak English and will be along on the trip to help you.
• Luggage service every day to take your gear to the next hotel.
• All admission fees
• Airfare. Prices vary (and some of you may be using frequent flyer miles or other alternatives).
Why don’t we arrange airfare? Because in the internet age you can get a much better deal on airfare online than we could ever get by calling up one airline directly and offering to buy a big block of tickets. When you book your own flight you get to pick the times and airports that work best for you. (Can you imagine trying to get everyone to agree on one airport and one flight time?)
• Bike rental. Some folks will want to bring their own bike; others prefer to rent. We are happy to connect you with our favorite local Bali bike rental crew.
• Dinners include alcoholic drinks in moderate proportions for those who wish to imbibe. If you want to drink beyond that (or want that $100 bottle of wine or $50 glass of port) you wil have to pay for it.
• Spa services such as massage or beauty treatments. Available at some of our overnight stops.
• Extra excursions you may choose to book when you arrive, such as scuba diving.
• Each day a pro bike mechanic will be available to tweak anything that needs tweaking. This is free. If your rental bike needs parts or major surgery it will be covered by the rental folks. If your own bike needs parts or major work, it will cost extra. (Reasonable... but extra).
• Inner tubes. Included with the rental bikes; bring inner tubes if you are using your own bike on the trip. You can buy tubes at cost from our local Bali bicycle crew. Prices are pretty similar to what you would pay at home.
• Tipping. When we started running this ride we told the cyclists not to tip the ride staff... and the cyclists replied that they WANTED to tip! (The crew is pretty amazing!) SO... at the end of the trip we will ask each cyclist to chip in Rp400.000 (that's about $27) which will be divided up among the cycling guides, drivers, bike loaders... I don't get any of this money, nor should I. This tipping is entirely OPTIONAL -- no one will make you tip or try to coerce you, but once you see how great the team is, we think you'll want to tip.
TOTAL PRICE: $5495 per person.
Discount! We welcome checks and credit cards. Pay your balance by check and save $100 per person!
Prices are based on two people per room.
If you want a private room of your own please add $950.
You don’t have to pay for the entire trip all at once if you don’t want to.
When you we will ask for a $500 deposit by credit card to save your space in the ride.
The balance of the payment for your trip is due by check or credit card. As mentioned, pay all of that balance by check and we'll subtract $100 per person from your tab. The payment schedule is as follows:
An additional $1,000 per person is due within 30 days after you register.
The final balance is due no later than May 15, 2024.
We'll send you an invoice as a friendly reminder when payments are due.
Not to worry -- you have 14 days from the time you register to cancel or any reason without penalty. You get back your entire $500 deposit.
If You Cancel After 14 Days, But Before May 18th at Noon
You will have a $500 credit with us, which you can use for any of our events. If you prefer you can sell or give away your credit.
If You Cancel After May 18th at Noon
If you cancel after May 18th at noon we are unable to offer credits or refunds of any kind for any reason. Ever. You can sell your spot on your own if you wish.
SO... we strongly recommend that you consider buying trip insurance . That way if something happens where you can’t attend the trip you’re covered. This insurance is offered by an excellent insurance company that has paid out many times to our cycling friends over the years. Every trip we do we get a last-minute plea from a cyclist with a real emergency. Trip insurance covers you and gets you a refund. No matter how ill your mother/cat/ficus tree is, we can not issue ANY refunds -- that's why we recommend trip insurance.
Prices for the insurance? Depend on the options you pick. Feel free to go to the insurance site and play around -- no commitment or credit card required. No sales pitches or phone calls.